Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Final Project

For my final project I have decided to use a wiki to connect my 26 teachers in LW SYP. Here is the situation: LearningWorks School Year Program operates every other Saturday during the school year. 92 kids, 26 teachers. My teachers are a variety of high school and college kids from all over Minneapolis as well as Northfield. Every two weeks they are to design a lesson based around power and state standards which I provide them with. I also provide them with a general outline for how to get through the class. Workshops are 90 minutes and LW has a reputation for being very active and engaging. Needless to say, getting my teachers together to plan seemed virtually impossible. As a result, I have launched a wiki for them to gather together and write their wikis. It also allows me continual access to what is being planned and keeping them moving in the right direction. Whether or not this will be successful has yet to be proven, but this last Saturday was our first real day of planning for them.
learningworks.pbwiki.com

No comments: